my observations on everything right and wrong with the world - starting with myself.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

So while I sit here at work and continue to plug away at documentation, I'm listening to Pandora and set it to play whatever it wants to play.

Anyway, a song by a group I've never heard of (Danity Kane) began to play, and it was so dumb, brain matter started dripping from my nose and started forming a pool shaped like an inverted question mark on my keyboard and looking at it almost made me throw up in my mouth but I didn't though, so I went and got an english muffin instead.

I mean, I thought it was dumb, but sadly, I'm so out of touch from 'youth culture' that I can believe that many people actually relate to the song...because you know, EVERYONE drives a lowered Cadillac sitting on 22's (oh, plus 2, whatever the hell that is).

So, I did what I thought was necessary and did some googling for Danity Kane, and, lo and behold, they're the winners from MTV's "Making the Band"...produced none other by no-talent-asshat-extraordinaire Puff Daddy, whose idea of creating new music is taking old music and saying "uh huh" and "bad boy" over the lyrics, which were made by someone who died YEARS ago but still keeps coming out with new songs.

I'm the last person anyone should contact regarding "what's hot" today. I wear clothes that I thought were cool in junior high, but apparently, those clothes are cool now, since my little sister is wearing Jordan's that I swear were cool in the 7th grade. I wear $12 shoes I found on the clearance rack at Marshall's, and I think they're cool.


Anyway, that's my daily rant.

Tomorrow's rant will be about the newly installed "automatic towel dispensers" in our bathrooms here at work...who decided how many paper towels I need? sometimes I need a little, sometimes I need a lot, but the automated dispenser gives me a quantity inbetween...which leaves my hands still wet or half a tree thrown away. It's a conspiracy, I tell you!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?