my observations on everything right and wrong with the world - starting with myself.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Everyone knows that I'm a car guy. I love all things automotive, though mostly all things automotive that are performance-oriented.

But I do believe that certain cars fulfill a certain purpose...take, for example, our Honda Odyssey EX-L - the safest and most useful car that my family needs.

It's safe, it's comfortable, and it can take my soon-to-be family of four wherever the road may take us. Not only that, we're averaging 21 MPG on regular gas...

On the other end of the spectrum, there's a Porsche 911 Turbo, a car I don't have but if I did have, would probably only have for a week before my license gets suspended.

Awesome performance, and for the first time ever, the performance of a slushbox is BETTER than a standard transmission (not that I'd get an automatic with this car, but still!).

However, I've always wanted an RV. I like going on road trips, but RV's are only good on the road. Once the road ends, you have to take another vehicle to get to where you really want to go. Let's face it, RV's don't belong in an trailer park or an RV lot...unless, of course, you think of camping as driving to a parking lot and pitching a tent next to your car. I think an RV should take you to see nature and take you away from the beaten path...

With that in mind, I think I found the perfect RV. It's a Unicat VXL-16HD, the 'middle' model in a full range of all-purpose vehicles.

Here are some pictures:










Now *that's* an RV! Greenpeace and Caltrans would be all over my ass if I had an RV like this. Roads? Who needs roads?


But, let's face it, I'm a minimalist...and if I had the choice, I'd eschew all other options and get a Mazda MX-5 PRHT (a Miata with power retractable hardtop is better than the regular Miata).

Of all the cars I've driven, the Miata is probably my favorite because it makes the experience of driving 'pure' and 'unadulterated' - driving the car feels like an extension of yourself...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?