my observations on everything right and wrong with the world - starting with myself.

Monday, March 27, 2006

I've always been a fan of ad-libbed stuff...Drew Carey's "Whose Line is it Anyway" (of course, an American take on the British classic) always comes to mind when I think of improvisational comedy.

Anyway, there's a 'bit' on "Whose Line is it Anyway" where two or three of the comedians watch a clip from a movie and ad-lib their own dialogue. It's always hilarious and almost always inappropriate.

Well, that ad-libbing has now been brought online via foshata!

Here's a description from their 'about' page:

about foshata
hi, i'm apm. and i love you. if you have comments, suggestions or problems then post on the forums, on the myspace group or contact me.

what is foshata?
there once was a website for Fanta Shokata which let you add subtitles to foreign video clips. i liked it a lot, but then it went away and that made me sad. so really my only incentive to make this site was to be less sad.. which is kinda depressing. but in a larger sense, i value creativity highly and encouraging creativity through foshata makes me happy.

where did you get these video clips from?
most of them are from this collection of Japanese commercials. i edit them for length and quirkyness before putting them on this site.
have a Japanese video clip you think would work great here? email me!

what are they really saying in these commercials?
i haven't a clue, but if you're pretty good with Japanese please email me some translations, i will post them here.


This is one of my favorites:


fshKS6


don't ask. if you don't know what GOATSE or TUBGIRL is, consider yourself lucky.

:)

This one is also funny:


fshGZA


...and in true spirit, I had to create my own:


fshMC2


sudoku rules!


...and another:


fshMC1


It's peanut butter jelly time!!!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?