my observations on everything right and wrong with the world - starting with myself.

Friday, December 30, 2005

when I was in the Army Reserves, every three months, I had to undergo the APFT, or the Army Physical Fitness Test, which consisted of the following:

- your best time for a 2-mile run
- your maximum number of situps in 2 minutes
- your maximum number of pushups in 2 minutes

I never failed a "PT Test"...in fact, I actually improved in some areas as time passed. Your 'passing' standard would depend on your height, weight, and age...and if you exceeded your alloted weight for your age, you would be put on remedial PT until you met your target weight.

From my understanding, the APFT standards have NEVER CHANGED since their inception.

Army standards may be different from ordinary civilian standards, but...whatever happened to standards?

it's commonly known to the rest of the world that Americans are big, fat, and lazy.

...but seriously, people. it's getting out of hand.

the growing size of the average American is not something we should be proud of or should make accomodations for.

it's no wonder that compact and subcompact vehicles are not popular here in the USA...because most Americans can't fit inside of them!

if I could, I'd love to be driving a Smart Fortwo...but there's no chance we'd ever see them here...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?