my observations on everything right and wrong with the world - starting with myself.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Lately, I've been listening to audiobooks on the commute to work. I find that the commute has actually become quite tolerable, since I no longer have to listen to traffic reports or to inane chatter or to the same CD's that I always listen to. So far, I've 'read' "The Da Vinci Code" and "The Traveler"...one audiobook was excellent, the other was a waste of 14 hours of my time.

Anyway, my Premium Listener subscription to Audible came with a neat 'freebie' - a 512MB ipod shuffle.

I know, I know. I already have a Sony HI-MD minidisc player...and ATRAC3 is a far superior encoding format to MP3...and I know that I've ranted on and on about the ipod becoming more of a fashion accessory than anything else, but nevertheless, I have an ipod shuffle now.

This actually makes things easier for me, since the ipod shuffle can natively play Audible's proprietary 'AA' file format...so now, I don't need to burn the books on CD anymore, which is fine, since I'm out of blank CD's.

So, I picked up an FM transmitter so I can listen to the ipod in my car...we'll see how it goes.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?