my observations on everything right and wrong with the world - starting with myself.

Friday, November 11, 2005

If I ever won the lottery and had a lot of time on my hands, I'd love to take a cross-country roadtrip...like go from LA to NYC or something like that.

I'd really like to experience the "Americana' that doesn't seem to exist in Southern California. I know that there's another world once I leave the Pacific Time Zone - hell, there's another world once I go past Corona on the 91 Freeway!

The only problem would be figuring out what vehicle I would take on this long drive.

Of course, if I won the lottery, I'd own a Porsche 911 Carrera S, but it would only be comfortable for two people and there's not much room for luggage, so that wouldn't be a good option. I mean, Matty *would* fit in the rear jumpseats and we could put a roofrack on it, but after a while, the suspension would probably render our kidneys useless.

I'd have a Lexus LS430 or a Mercedes E500 for Shannon, so those might be better options, but if either car runs into problems in the middle of Oklahoma, I'd be screwed.

It would definitely be much smarter to take an American car...or for that matter, as much as I'd loathe owning one, an SUV. So, I'd probably rent an SUV and drive that.

The other option would be to drive an RV, like perhaps a Class-A pusher diesel...and tow a small car behind it for a dinghy. The downside to this option would be that I'd have to find an RV park wherever we stop, and that means staying further away from major destinations...but then again, that might also be part of the fun. Oh...and gas would be expensive and we'd have to stop at truck scales. The few positive things about driving an RV would be that it has a refrigerator and a bathroom.

Either way, I'd be taking lots of pictures, but probably not this much:

one picture for every mile across America

That's insane. He should have used a digital camera.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?