my observations on everything right and wrong with the world - starting with myself.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

so my coworker and I went to the Mazda ZoomZoomLive event in Pomona last weekend.

we got a chance to drive the new MX-5 Miata and the new Mazda5 and the RX-8. we could have driven the other Mazda cars that were there, but we drove them already during previous Mazda Rev-it-up events.

anyway, it was fun. I never thought I'd say this, but I want a Miata. yes. I want a Miata.

it's small, impractical, and utterly-feminine, but I want one. It handles so well and has *just* enough power to kick the back end out. Unfortunately, I don't think I can convince my wife to let me trade in my Protege5 for a Miata...and she said that if we did get a Miata, we'd have to get an automatic, at which point, I laughed because there's no sense in getting an automatic transmission Miata.

I mean, come on...driving a roadster is about the experience...the wind in your hair...rowing through the gears!


so here's a picture of Dwaine and yours truly. Dwaine's driving...I'm imitiating a giraffe:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Comments:
There is nothing wrong with an automatic.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?