my observations on everything right and wrong with the world - starting with myself.

Monday, June 27, 2005

...and for today's bit of pseudopatriotism, I present this:




I can't STAND those stupid magnets! They do nothing to support the troops. They do nothing to express patriotism.

Want to support the troops? Then enlist in the army and relieve them. How about sending an anonymous care package to a platoon in Iraq? How about sending all of your previously-read magazines to the troops?

Putting a stupid magnet on your car only gives China more money to invade Taiwan in the near future, which will lead the US to deploy more troops.


you know what's even worse? stupid yellow rubber bracelets!

Come on! Nike and Lance Armstrong have more than enough money to fund cancer research themselves, but nope, they have to make a profit somehow. Did you know that only 20% of the proceeds of those stupid bracelets actually go to research?

I read somewhere that there's footage of insurgents in Iraq wearing those bracelets! Come on! the bad guys are wearing the stupid things!

If that's not bad enough, I'm starting to see PINK bracelets and ORANGE bracelets. I'm sure they're for some stupid cause, but damn, it's becoming more of a trend to wear the bracelets and supporting the cause has just become a secondary reason.

You know that the trend has horribly gone wrong when Thinkgeek has a "think geek" bracelet!



anyway, people are idiots. Don't go through a third party to support a cause. Don't make a fashion statement by supporting a cause - testicular cancer awareness should not involve attention to your wrist, it should involve attention to your crotch and I can do that for free by keeping my fly open and putting a post-it saying "support testicular cancer research" on my boxers.


damn.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?