my observations on everything right and wrong with the world - starting with myself.

Monday, May 09, 2005

trail mix sucks.

ok...well, it probably wouldn't suck if I were really out hiking on a trail and I needed something quick to provide me with a vast reserve of energy...but when you're sitting on the couch watching whatever's on Comedy Central and keeping an eye on your 8-month old son, trail mix isn't the best thing to snack on.

let me tell you why: trail mix + water + sitting-on-your-ass = EXPANSION


needless to say, my trail mix binge around noon (I went through half a bag of Trader Joe's Tropical Fruit trail mix) resulted in a tremendous feeling of discomfort around 6 PM. I thought I could blame it on the chili I had for lunch prior to the trail mix...but nope.

if I had listened to my gut instead of my brain, I wouldn't have eaten dinner.

but, two tilapia fillets and a heap of rice later, my bloat had gotten much much worse.


by 10 PM, I was in pain...maybe not visibly, but let's just say I warned my wife not to get too close to me.

:)


anyway, the idea of expanding food was always enticing for me...especially since I had a crush on Judy Jetson and I wanted a car that folded up into a briefcase.


the Jetsons were smarter than me though...they knew that expanding food expands. I didn't.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?